Green Business Academy
The Green Business Academy is a series of workshops to give you the tools and training necessary to green your business operations. It will give you a cohort of other businesses to network with and lean on to achieve certification.
The next Academy begins in March 2018 and participation is a requirement for certification.
The Academy workshops will:
- Teach you how to use and complete our online checklists.
- Explain how to meet program requirements in the areas of recycling, purchasing, energy and water conservation and efficiency, pollution prevention, and ridesharing.
- Allow you to meet other like-minded businesses and learn from each other.
2018 Green Business Academy Workshop Schedule
March 28 0r 29, 2018
Attend a kickoff Workshop:
- March 28, 2018, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Impact Hub Santa Barbara
- March 29, 2018, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Santa Maria Small Business Center
The kickoff workshops will introduce businesses to the certification process and how to use our online checklists. We will also cover all areas covered in certification: recycling, environmentally preferable purchasing, energy efficiency and conservation, water efficiency and conservation, ridesharing and pollution prevention.
Attend annual Green Business Program Luncheon
Businesses will receive Certified Green Business certificate, logo, sticker and other promotional materials.
The Green Business Luncheon brings together businesses and local community leaders to celebrate the businesses’ accomplishments.