Green Business Academy
The Green Business Academy is a series of workshops to give you the tools and training necessary to green your business operations. It will give you a cohort of other businesses to network with and lean on to achieve certification.
The next Academy begins in September, 2017 and participation is a requirement for certification.
The Academy workshops will:
- Teach you how to use and complete our online checklists.
- Explain how to meet program requirements in the areas of recycling, purchasing, energy and water conservation and efficiency, pollution prevention, and ridesharing.
- Allow you to meet other like-minded businesses and learn from each other.
2017 Green Business Academy Workshop Schedule
September 20 or 21, 2017
Attend a kickoff Workshop:
- September 20, 2017, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Santa Maria
- September 21, 2017, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Santa Barbara Maritime Museum, Santa Barbara
The kickoff workshops will introduce businesses to the certification process and how to use our online checklists. We will also cover the topics of water conservation and pollution prevention.
October – November 2017
Webinar #1 will be held on October 18, 2017
Wrap Up workshop will be held on November 15, 2017
During the webinar, businesses will learn about employee awareness, recycling and environmentally preferable purchasing, energy efficiency, and alternative transportation, . They will also arrange for on-site assessments for assistance and verification of measures implemented.
The Wrap Up workshop will provide time for businesses to ask questions regarding any remaining items needed for final certification.
Attend annual Green Business Program Luncheon
Businesses will receive Certified Green Business certificate, logo, sticker and other promotional materials.
The Green Business Luncheon brings together businesses and local community leaders to celebrate the businesses’ accomplishments.