Green Business Academy
The Green Business Academy is a series of workshops to give you the tools and training necessary to green your business operations. It will give you a cohort of other businesses to network with and lean on to achieve certification.
The next Academy begins in February, 2017 and participation is a requirement for certification.
The Academy workshops will:
- Teach you how to use and complete our online checklists.
- Explain how to meet program requirements in the areas of recycling, purchasing, energy and water conservation and efficiency, pollution prevention, and ridesharing.
- Allow you to meet other like-minded businesses and learn from each other.
2017 Green Business Academy Workshop Schedule
February 22 or 23, 2017
Attend a kickoff Workshop:
- February 22, 2017, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Wildling Museum of Art & Nature, Solvang
- February 23, 2017, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Santa Barbara Airbus, Goleta
The kickoff workshops will introduce businesses to the certification process and how to use our online checklists. We will also cover the topics of energy efficiency, recycling, waste reduction and environmentally preferable purchasing.
March – April 2017
Webinar #1 will be held on March 22, 2017
Webinar #2 will be held on April 19, 2017
Businesses will learn about employee awareness, alternative transportation, water conservation and pollution prevention. They will also arrange for on-site assessments for assistance and verification of measures implemented.
Attend final Workshop on May 24, 2017.
At this final workshop, we will come together to address any remaining issues for certification and businesses will be asked to give feedback on the program.
Attend celebratory luncheon
Businesses will receive Certified Green Business certificate, logo, sticker and other promotional materials.
The Green Business Luncheon brings together businesses and local community leaders to celebrate the businesses’ accomplishments.